Supporting Benin to advance their NAP Process
Status of assistance to Benin for their NAP process:
- Benin has received support for their NAP process, as part of a UNDP mission to move their NAP process forward and launch the GCF Readiness Programme.
- An Inception Workshop for the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness Programme in Benin took place in March 2016 with over 70 participants. It was led by the Minister in charge of Climate Change, Mr.Theophilus C. Worou, and the Director General of Climate Change, Mr. Ibila Djibril. The workshop was also supported by UNDP, UNEP and NAP-GSP.
- The UNDP team also held several consultations in Benin with government organizations and international partners to develop a work plan to execute NAP-related components in the GCF Readiness Programme.
- A Government delegation from Benin attended the NAP-GSP / PAG-PNA Africa Regional Training Workshop in April 2014.
- A mission to Benin was conducted in October 2013 by UNEP in which NAP support was discussed.
NAP - experiences in climate change adaptation planning / PNA - expérience en adaptation au changement climatique
Presentation by the Government of Benin at the NAP-GSP / PAG-PNA Africa Regional Training Workshop in April 2014 / Présenté par la délégation du gouvernement du Bénin à la Atelier régional de formation en Afrique Organisé par le PAG-PNA - Addis Abeba, Ethiopie, 21-24 avril 2014.
21 October 2013: Climate change adaptation experts from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are supporting ministries and the private sector in Benin to advance the process of national adaptation.