Event: Webinar on monitoring and evaluation 23 April 2020
On Thursday, 23 April 2020, the FAO-UNDP “Integrating Agriculture in National Adaptation Plans” (NAP-Ag) Programmeis is organizing a webinar from 16:00 - 17:30 (CET) on Strengthening monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for adaptation planning for the agriculture sectors, based on the recently published M&E guidance note.
This webinar aims to provide an overview of key processes to support the development of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for adaptation planning in the agriculture sectors. It seeks to introduce participants to the potential application of these processes and highlights country experiences in developing and operationalising M&E systems for adaptation planning in Uruguay and Colombia. The webinar will also provide insights on tracking progress on adaptation under the Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF) and discuss the alignment of M&E systems for adaptation with emerging global reporting requirements.
- Introduction – Ninni IkkalaNyman (UNDP)
- Strengthening M&E for adaptation in the agriculture sectors –Elisa Distefano (FAO)
- National analysis of climate risk and vulnerability of the agriculture sector: Identifying adaptation indicators for the National System of Climate Change (SISCLIMA) –Adriana Martin Ramirez, FAO Colombia
- NAP for the agriculture sector: An opportunity for enhancing national M&E systems in Uruguay –Cecilia Jones, FAO Uruguay
- Aligning adaptation M&E systems with emerging global reporting requirements under the Paris Agreement–Neha Rai, IIED