Fiji P-CBA Country Page
1. Purpose Statement
“A long-term sustainable model to help enhance the capacity of government officials in conducting and using cost benefit analysis to assess environmental, social and economic impacts on natural assets.”
2. P-CBA Focal Points:
Mr Deemant Lodhia - Acting Director Climate Change Division and Principal Project Officer - Climate Change Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Co-operation.
Ms Mereseini Waibuta – Acting Chief Economist, Ministry of Finance.
3. Ministries and institutions involved:
Ministry of Industry and Trade
Public Service Commission
Ministry of iTaukei Affairs
Ministry of Works
Ministry of Finance
Department of Energy
Ministry of Fisheries and Forests
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Climate Change Division
Ministry of Agriculture
4. CBA Case Studies and Timeline:
Part of the ministries involved have submitted their Country Workplan and indicated their CBA case studies. Depending on funding and the priorities of the Fiji Government one or more CBAs of the following projects will be undertaken from September 2014 to December 2015.
Dairy Industry Support Program and Sigatoka Valley Development programme (Ministry of Agriculture)
Seaweed cultivation project (Ministry of Fishery and Forests)
Solar Home System (Department of Energy)
Project on the demarcation and survey of unsurveyed (Ministry of Itaukei)
5. In-Country Training and Mentoring:
Ideally each ministry will receive a training tailored on their request specified in Ministry Country Workplan. Depending on the funding available there will be one or multiple trainings. The date of the training/s will be scheduled for the period before the elections (June-September).
6. Sustainability Measures Proposed:
- Internal: Integrate CBA into the Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP).
- External: Refer to each Ministry Country Workplan for more information.
7. Proposed Sources of funding:
Source of funding need to be identified with regional development partners.
8. Additional Resources
- Fiji Planning Meeting Presentation on Country Needs and Capacities
- Fiji Planning Meeting Presentation on Country Workplan