COP27 side-event: The role of adaptation reporting under the ETF in agriculture sectors
Tuesday, 8 November 2022, 14:30-15:30 (GMT+2)
Venue: Capacity-Building Hub
FAO and UNDP through the SCALA programme, in coordination with the UNFCCC Secretariat, organized a hybrid side event on “#Together4transparency: The role of adaptation reporting under the ETF in agriculture sectors” in the Capacity-Building Hub at COP27 in Sharm el-Sheikh.
Click here to watch the webcast
The event was attended by developing country Party representatives and international organizations engaged in advancing adaptation reporting.
Side event objectives
The Transparency Division of the UNFCCC Secretariat highlighted the benefits and opportunities of advancing on adaptation monitoring under the Paris Agreement, including the Glasgow–Sharm el-Sheikh programme on the Global Goal on adaptation (GGA) and the Enhanced Transparency Framework.
Three countries provided an overview of how information on adaptation is collected, analyzed, synthesized and presented in their national communications (for example, National Adaptation Plans, nationally determined contributions, Adaptation Communications, and potentially Biennial Transparency Reports), giving concrete examples of success stories. Afterward, three UN Agencies (FAO, UNDP and IFAD) presented their approach to supporting national efforts towards adaptation reporting, highlighting key elements of success, solutions, and enabling conditions. To read more about the Glasgow–Sharm el-Sheikh programme on the GGA, please click here.
Speakers and Panelists
- Jigme Jigme, Manager, Transparency Division, UNFCCC Secretariat
- Julia Wolf, Natural Resource Officer and SCALA programme Global Coordinator, FAO
- Rohini Kohli, Senior Technical Advisor on Climate Change Adaptation Policy and Planning, UNDP
- Janie Rioux, Senior Climate Finance Specialist, IFAD
- Dr. Heng Chanthoeun, Deputy Director General of General Directorate of Policy and Strategy, Ministry of Environment, Cambodia
- Dr. Batjargal Zamba, UNFCCC focal point, Ministry of Environment, Green Development and Tourism, Mongolia
- Ruth Phillips Itty, Commonwealth National Climate Finance Adviser, Saint Lucia
To read more about SCALA’s technical support under transparency, please click here.