The Integrating Agriculture in NAPs Programme supports partner countries to identify and integrate climate adaptation measures for the agricultural sector into relevant national planning and budgeting processes. It is a multi-year initiative funded by the German Government that responds to country driven needs. This integration will help to enhance:
- institutional capacities and processes for operationalizing climate response strategies in the sector.
- access to international climate finance sources such as GEF and Green Climate Fund.
- more strategic allocations of national budgets earmarked for adaptation investments.
- FAO Climate Change
- United Nations Development Programme
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety
- Least Developed Countries Expert Group (LEG)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- NAP Central
- International Climate Initiative (IKI)